11.02.2012

A Little Baty


DSC_0142
I couldn't resist dressing up baby M this Halloween alongside her brothers. We decided that she also needed to be a creature of the night like her brothers so I made this simple "bat" costume (she was originally supposed to be a cat but I love hos this capelet looks like bat wings, so I had to go with that). I created the hood from the Oliver & S pattern and like the boys bunny hoods, I modified the ears. She of course slept the entire time her brothers were out trick-or-treating, but I'm happy we put together a costume of sorts none the less.

And now I'm off to see how I can help my east coast friends suffering from the aftermath of Sandy. My friend Mara shares a few ways we can pitch in and help out on her blog here. I'm still processing it all (as I'm sure everyone there is much much more) as I used to live in Red Hook where a lot of flooding occurred. Hope everyone stays safe and gets what they need.

I heart NYC.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, she is lovely in her bat caplet. I like the tail too. Simply, charming. Thanks for the links for ways to help NYC. Yes, I too heart NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, baby M looks so cute in her costume!

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete