2.01.2012

Make a "Pillow-Talk" Pillow for your Valentine

pillowtalk1

Alison of the Alison Show, and The Little Tiny, is sharing the love this Valentines by hosting a round up of Valentines crafts just in time to get us ready to celebrate the holiday of L-O-V-E. She invited me to take part of the festivities and we came up with this fun little twist on "pillow talk".
pillowtalk2
I love the idea of exchanging little messages to those you love a top a pillow - and a blackboard pillow nonetheless. A true "conversation heart", if you will. You could start by writing a little love note to your sweetheart and leave the pillow for them to discover. And then it would be their turn to leave a little note for you. The conversation of love could just go on and on...
pillowtalk3
But don't leave out the littles, because they will love to join in on spreading the love around.
pillowtalk4
Little O really got into to it and loved being allowed to actually draw on one of mommy's pillows. And I loved seeing him so delighted and engaged.
pillowtalk5
To make this you'll need to purchase blackboard fabric (I found my at Joann's) and contrasting fabric for the back and sides of the pillow. I referred to this tutorial when making the pillow. When using a stiff fabric I found it necessary to have an inset so this pattern worked well.
pillowtalk6
I also used webbing, alphabet stamps and multi-surface black ink pad to create a little "pillow talk" tag.
pillowtalk7
We've been having a lot of fun around here drawing and writing love notes. A great way to jump right into February and the season of love, if I do say so myself.
pillowtalk8
(simply wipe the pillow clean with a damp cloth, wait a bit for it to dry and then write another message to those you love!)

And don't forget to stay tuned for all the remaining Valentines posts Alison has in store for us. She has quite a line up! I know I for one can't wait to see what's up next!

Happy February!

9 comments:

  1. Cute Pillow, even cuter little boy!!!!
    Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea, Merrilee! I had no idea chalkboard fabric even existed and now my brain won't stop thinking of fun ways it can be used. First up of course, is your pillow idea. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so adorable, and your pillow turned out great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your pillow on Alison's blog and just love all the photos you've posted here. Thanks for sharing your creativity! Who even knew that chalkboard fabric even existed? A true conversation heart, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison and Merrilee get together, this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a cool pillow! Great idea.
    And those photos of your son are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooo awesome!great idea!!amazing pillow!i really love it!bravo!

    ReplyDelete