8.30.2011

[Anticipating Kindergarten and an....]

AllAboutMePoster1
Little A is going to his first day of Kindergarten tomorrow and we had to pull together an "All About Me" poster for the event. Being up against a clock and having most of our stuff in boxes (I can't seem to find the boys art supplies anywhere and we are all going a tad crazy as a result!) I was worried about how "creative" we could be. So I decided to come up with a simple design that was full of photos and spaces where Little A could write in his likes, etc. I was lucky enough to find our 13x19 glossy photo paper (which also happened to perfectly fit the poster we were given for the task). From there I printed out the images (that Little A helped to pick out) and then had Little A write in his interests.

AllAboutMePoster3
Little A took to it immediately and began filling it out (it didn't hurt that I let him use a permanent marker, his favorite taboo writing utensil of choice).
AllAboutMePoster4
He then chose to draw a self portrait on the star and I loved how it turn out.
AllAboutMePoster5
I loved how proud he was of the poster and he insisted on bringing it to Back-to-School night. And me? Well I was wiping my brow with a sigh of relief, glad that I didn't let my "I'm not so great with changes" little guy down in the midst of all these transitions.

Here's hoping the first day of school goes so well!

AllAboutMePoster2
And in case you are interested, I'm giving you a template (designed in Photoshop) for you to use as well. As I mentioned earlier, It's a nice large size of 13x19 but if can be scaled down if need be for a smaller paper or for scrapbooking, etc. And if you do want to use the larger size, and don't have a large format printer, you can just take your design, via cd or thumb drive, etc., to your local copy center, such as Kinkos, and have it printed out there for you. It fits perfectly on an 14x22 poster board. Just add a title up top and you are good to go.

Download the template here and enjoy!

*sorry, for some reason blogger won't read the link but if you copy and paste the following link into a new window, you should be able to download it. Link here: files.me.com/merrileel/1m0t3l

15 comments:

  1. this is so so awesome. thank you!
    happy kinder to the two of you tomorrow.
    love, lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get the download to work. Is the link in the post correct?

    Thanks so much for providing. I love this template!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so rad!! Thanks for sharing the template but the link is broken;(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! What a great idea. [However, I couldn't get the download to work?]. Happy first day of kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ladies! So sorry for the hassle. For some reason blogger won't read the link but if you copy and paste the following link into a new window, you should be able to download it. Link here: files.me.com/merrileel/1m0t3l

    Let me know if it still doesn't work.

    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! My oldest daughter starts kindergarten on Thursday so we are ramping up for the big day as well. Luckily we don't yet have such a poster assignment because i know ours would not be as cute as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time goes by so fast! How are you feeling about him going to school? I cried the first day after I dropeed jada off last year. Ugh! I think It was harder for me than her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My boys have to do these on their birthdays. You just saved me a bit of work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's fabulous!

    http://kartepaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. has anyone been able to download this? i have tried the new link. i would really love to play with this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jill,

    If you use this link, you should be able to download it: files.me.com/merrileel/1m0t3l

    Let me know if it doesn't work.

    Thanks!
    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea!!!!
    Thanks for the template, I'll use it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just stumbled upon your blog and am astounded and inspired by your many talents. Thanks for sharing them! I absolutely adore this template for the all about me poster but can't get it to work. I even went to the apple store to see if they could help me but they were stumped! Any suggestions? Would it be pushy to tell you that I have procrastinated to an extreme and it's due tomorrow? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to be able to download the psd file. Please let me know if it is still available (link will not work for me!) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, the link has been updated and should be working now. Thanks!
      mer

      Delete