6.17.2009

[arts and crafts corner]

cookiecutterart1
Last week little A and I had so much fun making cookie cutter art - an idea I've had in my head for a while now. Not everything turned out as I had imagined (such as the paint from the cookie cutters not showing up as well as I'd hoped) but I like how things looked overall.
cookiecutterart2
I happened to have these "X" and "O" cookie cutters from Valentines Day that were really fun to use but I think any shape could work (especially for a kids room).
cookiecutterart3
I decided to go with a repetitive pattern for mine but as you can see from little A's, a more random, haphazard look is also very cool. ( I LOVE how his turned out! He did everything himself. I only offered the paints one color at a time, starting with the blue, then the red, and last the yellow. I also only gave him the "O" at the end - because I forgot about it - but I love that it is the only one. He told me when he was finished. I was so proud).
cookiecutterart4
Made for a great afternoon. Truly.

12 comments:

  1. what a fantastic idea! i love the end results.

    xo
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. cookie cutter art! i love it. the x's and o's are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grand idea! I love the way they BOTH turned out. -e

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea. if you want to experiment with the alphabet (my older son's current obsession), here is something we do with the kids that's fun too:

    http://jackandgabe.blogspot.com/2009/04/please-play-with-your-food.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab idea. I love the bright yellow with the white X's and O's/ Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!! How cute, everything turned out adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they turned out so brilliant - kids artworks are so adorable!
    www.thehappyhomeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting on me! Hehe, alright, alright, that was cheap thrill :p The art's a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute. i definitely want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, I'm going to do this with my little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great idea! My kids names start with X and O, handy!

    ReplyDelete