10.18.2008

[Wednesday I had a...]

Wednesday was such an exciting mail day! I received a completed quilt in the mail that my mother-in-law has been helping me quilt for the new baby. She was so generous to offer up her hand quilting skills after I confessed I knew only how to pick out fabric and sew patches together. Quilting is something I had never done before. I came up with the quilting patterns and even did a few of the stitches myself but she really did the labor intensive stuff and I couldn't be more thankful. What a wonderful gift for my little Ollie on the way. Thank you Mary! It's absolutely exquisite.

9 comments:

  1. Oh WOW it looks so beautiful!! All the stiching is amazing, lucky you and little Ollie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! just discovered your blog and am loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there..
    Just stumbled onto your blog!! What a super cute quilt!!
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely design. Great pattern and color selection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you had that baby yet?

    I am in love with that quilt. I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baby quilt is awesome. So nice to have such a talented and helpful MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous little quilt! And I love the way it was wrapped up with a sock monkey. I need to learn how to quilt, you can make such wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great color + pattern combination! {and i love sock monkeys!}

    ReplyDelete